Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hectic, Sad and Grateful

I have a lot going on this week.......First a very dear friend of our family passed away on Friday from cystic fibrosis. She was 41 and one of the oldest survivors of this disease. Dee Dee was always a fun and beautiful person and she will be so missed.

I also have jury duty this week. It couldn't come at a worse time right now. I was called 18 months ago and got to be dismissed due to my Dad being in the hospital with lung cancer, so I guess it is time for me to do my civic duty.

Thirdly, I am grateful for my family and friends, both in the flesh and my cyber friends that I have grown to love. Ya'll keep me going and I "loves" ya!

Here is the Color Challenge at The Outlawz this week. It is a fun color palette, and the Jammin' January add in is to add embossing. It can be either heat embossing for folder embossing so come out and play!


Here is my interpretation of the FAB color palette chosen by the very talented Guylou! I have the awesome opportunity to work with four fabulous women on our team as well as a big ole' group of fantastic ladies!

I heat embossed the button, the far left triangle and the sentiment inside. The image is by Kenny K who is our generous Color Challenge sponsor this month. One more reason for ya'll to enter the challenges this month! The winner will receive fabulous digis of their choice! You also get to go into the pot for wonderful prizes offered by our generous monthly sponsors at The Outlawz. Be sure to check out the side bar on our site!



10 comments:

  1. Roxann, I'm so sorry about your friend, so sad.

    Your card is so pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, Roxann! Love the cool image and unique design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend. Although she was young, she seems like a fighter! It is never easy to lose a friend....

    I am really liking Kenny K. I just learned about his digi stamps a few months back!

    Hey...I can finally leave a message ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rox sweetie - so saddened to hear about your friend and sending you huge hugs and lots of prayers right now.
    Hoping that things can settle down for you soon -
    Your card is fabulous - love the design and how it opens -the papers are awesome and love how you colored him!!
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your friend.

    I wanted to follow you but didn't see a place unless you do the email only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Masculine Card... Totally love your layout.

    So sorry you lost a friend, that is so hard to do. Such a sad thing to have to live with. Then have jury duty. Take care of yourself.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is soooo much FUN!!! That image is awesome and your card design is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxann, may God grant you inner peace. It's so hard to lose friends. I guess when we get up in age, too, we really start seeing them go. Doesn't make it any easier, either.
    Anyway, your card is so awesome, gf!! I really love it! Great job...and I hope it was some therapy for you. ;D
    Hugz2u, my dear cyber friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Rox!!! Your coloring is OUTSTANDING!!! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. i am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love you Sistah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot figure out how to post my own comment : ( I am replying to Pryn but right at you Rox. I am so sorry for your loss. It puts the important things right up front and center doesn't it? All the rest isn't worth the time. May you find peace in the upcoming days. Love you too-cyber friend : ) xoxo Big hugs girl.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...