Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Phew!!  It sure is hot in Georgia.  Nothing new during the summer months.  I got a reprieve on my vacation to Alaska and Seattle two weeks ago.  What lovely weather we had!

The color challenge at The Outlawz is a "Hot" one!  Guylou selected our inspiration image and colors this week, and you need to check us out!  ADFD is sponsoring our challenge this month, and a randomly drawn crafter will win some of their images by playing in our challenges.  I chose one of Tammy's beautiful ballerina's for my card this week. 






I made my flower by cutting five circles out of wide organza ribbon, and ran a match flame around the edges to "melt" them which gives them a curly, fluffy look.  The circles are small to large size and there are five.  After stacking the cirles up, I stuck a big jewelled brad through the center.  Voila!  It is much easier to "melt" the edges with one of those fireplace lighters, but mine was dead.  Had to use quite a few long matches and watch my fingers!!  The lighter blue paper came embossed and I used a nestibility for the oval.  A computer font was used, some polka dot paper, Copics, I chalked the edges of the polka dot paper.
Hope you will come over and join us this week!

Also, check out "Through the Craft Room Door" magazine this month.  A lot of fun going on in there!  You also have time to play at "Guylou's Inimitability" this week!  FAB digis to be won!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Fab card and colour combo Rox!! Love how you did that flower :) So glad you enjoyed Alaska -isn't it such an incredibly scenic place ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Rox! Love that color combo and what you did with it! The image and flower are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so gorgeous, Roxann. I love that flower and how you colored and mounted the image. Really, really lovely design.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxanne, Those are some awesome colors and you did fantastic job with them. Love your image she is just darling. Amazing job doing your flower turned out so pretty... Glad you did not burn yourself.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! I love the design an dyou did a great job with athat color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...