Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TTRCD Challenge and Color Challenge

Good evening friends!  The weekly challenges are up at TTRCD and The Outlawz Color Challenge.  TTRCD is an "Anything Goes" challenge.  You can enter two projects in the challenge and a winner will be chosen by Random.Org at the end of the challenge.  If you would like to be a guest designer, contact Sandi Huggett through TTRCD.  The sponsor this week is Eureka Stamps.  You need to check out their website for some awesome images.


My Card


I used their Birthday Cake digi.  I colored the frosting with Copics BV01, BV04, and BV11.  I paper pieced the center of the cake with a bit of the border paper.  The candles were colored with R83, R85 and RV11.  The flame is Y17 and YR09.  It doesn't show up in the photo but I used some Glossy Accents on the flames.  I have had the papers for a while and they are from an old paper palette by Creative Memories. I stitched on the right side with purple and white Baker's Twine and used an EK Success border punch across the bottom.  The sentiment is hand written and I added two pearls and some Martha Stewart purple chalk on the edges.

Don't forget the TTRCD Magazine!  Colleen is putting it together as we craft!  There are always so many free digis included that they pay for your subscription.  There is a lot of inspiration in there to spark your creativity!

Our Color Challenge this week is by Laurian.  She chose Glorious Pink as her color and you get to pick two from the inspiration photo to go with it along with your own twist!  Just be sure to state what colors you choose and what your twist is.


I used Glorious Pink, White and Tan.  My twist is to use jute.
Supplies used on my card:
EK Success Border Punch
Creative memories Heart Punches
Mini Butterfly punch
Jewels
Jute
Stitchy Bear Digi Ladybug

Come over to both sites and get your craft on!

3 comments:

  1. I love the delicious texture and layers of your birthday cake card. That jagged distressed piece at the side is brilliant. Your DT card is great too. The twine is such a terrific, unexpected twist on this feminine card. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this Birthday Cake! You did a fantastic job with the DP and the whole layout is perfect. This is BEAUTIFUL!
    Huggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxann your cards are so nice! I love the first card! The papers you used are great, and I really love all the dimension to your layers. You did a fantastic job matching the color of the paper with the Copic you used to color the frosting. Your second card is very pretty and spring like! The lacy borders really make it so feminine, and I love the little butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...